Monday, July 21, 2014

Time for Transfers!

So its that time again. I feel like transfers go by so fast and weeks fly by like nothing! So Sister Martineau is leaving... that was expected. I am staying here and I am getting a new companion... Sister Bly! She is coming back... she left for 6 moths because she tore her ACL and so she gets to come back now and its going to be so much fun and I am super excited! Its sad so see sister Martineau go home but she has been so awesome we have had lots of fun and she is so excited to go home and go to school and what not.. so i am excited for her! This week though we have see this area just start to explode its about to take off and I am so excited! We found a new investigator this week! Her name is Kay and she is a really nice older lady, the catch is that she is a preacher ant the 1st Baptist church. She had a lot of questions when we went by and talked with her but she told us we could come back and at the end of our lesson she said she had learned a lot form us so I think we were able to clear up some misconceptions about the church. She really is nice and I learned a lot of the scriptures form her. it amazes me how much I learn from other people. Its been so cool and we have a return appointment with her tonight! This week we were also able to teach Natasha we were able to meet with her twice and Its been so amazing to see her grow and develop such a love for the gospel she is so excited for seminary and doing baptism at the temple. We were also able to have another lesson with her at the temple and it was so powerful! I feel so blessed to live so close to the temple we can literally see it from outside our window! Its amazing to think of all the blessings that come from this gospel and how much it has blessed my life. I feel so lucky to be here on a mission there are really hard time but its so worth it. I love my mission and wouldn't trade it for the world. Long days where you get really hot and sweaty from riding a bike and no one is answering... totally worth it though! I am looking forward to this next transfer and the growth that will happen! Love you all and hope you all have an amazing week! #itsnotgoobyeitsc-yalater Love, Sister Owsley

No comments:

Post a Comment