Monday, January 12, 2015

Service and Sacrifice #bookofmormonchallenge

So thought I should write a letter. but man does it get harder and harder to do that the longer and longer you have been out! Crazy! time is flying so fast and its getting closer and closer. But I will say I  am happy and sad! It will definitely be hard to leave! This week has been crazy. We had transfers on Wednesday and sister Ritchel was leaving. She had been here for 7 1/2 months so we went around so she could say bye to people. So Monday and Tuesday consisted of that. it ended up being a really good thing we got in to see a lot of people we hadn't in a while and people really opened up about things so we saw a lot of miracles happen. we had transfers on Wednesday and it was sad to see sister Ritchel leave but I know they will take good care of her in Mountain Home and she will love it. Sister Pohahau and I have doing great! Its so much fun to be back with an old companion. We did a lot of catching up and what not and so far we have been able to do a lot of great things. We have 4 new investigators this week! we are teaching the Gonzalez Family! Farren and Humberto and there 3 kids. Farren is awesome she is really searching for the truth and wanting to do what right for her family. We had a lesson with them this week and talked about the Book of Mormon and how it answers questions and will help her know whats true! She is amazing and I am so happy for her. We actually took them back from the Spanish elders so they have been taught for sometime now.Now there ours! haha also we had a young women come up to us after church on Sunday and say that her boyfriend (who has been coming to church) wants to take the lessons! Crazy I love it when that happens! His name in Ali and he is in High school but he is a good kid and has been coming for some time now. So we will start teaching him on Thursday! We have seen a lot of miracles this week as well as a lot of hard time! Mainly because there were so many good things to come that Satan wanted us to stop what we were doing! I think one of the biggest blessings has been to read the Book of Mormon lately. Our mission is reading the whole Book of Mormon from Jan 1 to Easter! and I have just loved it I finished the Book of Mormon last year but I love reading it and the opportunity to read it again in such short amount of time! Seriously my testimony of the Book of Mormon had grown so much on my mission and its something I love. One of the things I think that really stood out to me this week while reading is about Nephi and how much he love the Lord and wanted to do whatever he had to to serve him. Its one of the Great lessons of the Book of Mormon. Sacrifice. There was a great quote and I'm sure i will butcher it but its by Neal A Maxwell and it said, The only thing we can sacrifice in our life is our will, everything else He has already loaned or let us borrow. I think it mad e me appreciate more not only my agency and the power to CHOOSE to follow the Lord but also the many things the Lord has blessed me with. That's been a huge blessing of my mission. Seeing how much I have been give. 
I Love it here its hard. Everyday its hard but its so worth it and is such a small sacrifice compared to all I have been given. 
Love you all and hope you have an amazing week!

#itsnotgoodbyeitsc-yalater

Love,
Sister Owsley


p.s. Just found out that the general authority coming in a week is Elder Ballard. Pretty exciting stuff around here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment