Monday, March 24, 2014

Change of Perspective

This week has just been amazing for us! We have 4 new investigators and so many of our investigators are really progressing and Learning more. The Lord has truly bless us and them and soften their hearts. It’s been so amazing to be a part of their journey.
Monday we got a lot done. We had dinner at Sister Parsons and she cooked Filipino food which was so good, and there was a less active family that came and it was awesome to see them and get to talk to them. We also got a referral from the Elders, His name is Steve and we were able to set and appointment with him.
Tuesday we had so many lesson it was so great. We met with Lisa She read the Book of Mormon!!!, and she told us that she knows we are here for a reason and she is reading the Book of Mormon for a reason she just wants to know why. we committed her to pray about it and to see what God thinks she should do. She said she would keep reading and pray. We also met with Madison Smith she is 8 years old and awesome she wanted me to write in her Book of Mormon and she said she had been praying. We read with her in Enos and she loved it so much she wants to come to church so bad and hopefully they will be able to come this next week. We also Met with a part member family we have been meaning to get over too. It was amazing. He is a member and she is not neither are there 3 kids. He said that they are hoping to be sealed in the temple one day!! It was awesome she was talking to us and said that everyone always told her that the missionaries are really pushy and what not, she told us though that all she ever wanted was for the missionaries to come by!! We just started laughing and we set a regular appointment with them. They are so nice and fun He reminds me so much of Dad it was crazy!
Wednesday we finally met with Steve and his wife. He is really nice and knows so much about the scriptures it was crazy. We talked for an hour about the bible and tree of the knowledge of good and evil and what it was about, my head hurt a lot! haha but he said he would read the Book of Mormon and we committed him to read 1 Nephi chapter 8, about Lehi's dream and he was really interested in it so we are hoping that he will be able to read it.
Thursday we had a meeting with Teresa and we talked about the temple and about the priesthood. Even though she isn't a member all of her family is and she knows so much about the gospel. We were also able to meet with Courtney, she is feeling so much better after her surgery and she looks so much better too. She really wants to find out if this is the true church and if this is where she wants to be. She is so amazing and I am so grateful she is in my life because she shows me how to put Christ in all things and to rely on him wholly. I love her so much and am so grateful to her.
Friday we met with the Harmans they are a part member family and their son is 9 years old and they want him to be baptized. I was awesome we have a new investigator who also has a baptismal date! which was way cool! I also got a package from the Kings which was so awesome and I loved it so much! and I got a letter from Barry Baker and I was just over the moon with excitement! I love hearing from everyone and how everyone in doing!
Saturday the Spanish elders and the Sisters had baptism so we went to help out with those and they were amazing baptismal services the Spanish elders had over 100 people at there's it was crazy!
Sunday we had 2 investigators at church which is huge for us! We met with sister Guest and we talked to her about getting to the temple and she is so excited! her husband isn't a member and it has been hard for her but she is so strong and is so determined to get to the temple. We also met with the Footes another Part member family and Brother Foote made us root beer floats which were so good! We had dinner at the Fosters, We had pizza and Potatoes it was great! Can’t have dinner here without potatoes right? They are so funny and crazy! We had a lesson with the Watsons Sunday night we taught them about faith snd having the courage to do the Lords will and we invited them to pray to know what God wants them to do and then have the strength to do it! the spirit was so strong and I know that they can do it!
Its amazing to me how much love I have for everyone I know it’s not me but merely the Lord working through me and I just have to be in tune with the spirit enough to know what to say and do. I know that its not my will anymore its not what I want to do but what the Lord wants me to do. It has been such a huge blessing in my life to be able to devote all my time and attention to the Lord. It’s really hard not going to lie some days are bad and some days I really don't want to get out of bed. But It’s so worth is to see someone feel the spirit and to feel it yourself its amazing! I love you guys so much and I am glad everything is going well (other than Adam getting  Beat up) But truly I am so grateful that I was able to be raised in this church and now have the opportunity to serve my Savior. Thank you so much! Love you guys so much!!


#itsnotgoobyeitsc-yalater

Love,


Sister Owsley
Sister Owsley a girl from their ward and her companion
I LOVE how HAPPY she looks!!!!

Emily is fascinated with the llamas a member hired to eat their grass

A sister from the ward and an investigator

The text they received saying they were staying in mountain home
She said there might have been some happy screaming going on :)


No comments:

Post a Comment