Monday, January 27, 2014

Sister San Diego Learns How to Ride a Bike! (or not)

It goes without saying that this week has been eventful! Tuesday we got to go to the temple and it was amazing! I really enjoyed it and learned so much unfortunately transfers are coming up and it was nice to be able to go before then. We have been working really hard this past week and I can see so much work going on here. I really feel so blessed to be here and really don't ever want to leave! we have been getting so many referrals from members in our wards they have truly been a help to us and we have finding and talking to more and more people everyday. The Lord is preparing the people here. Saturday we got to go to Pine and Featherville with Sister Freer. Its about and hour and a half away from Mountain Home and Oh my! Is it beautiful. Seriously We are going there after my mission (p.s. dad its a huge elk hunting place!) We met so many nice and wonderful people, it was clear and sunny and a balmy 45 degrees. We went for a walk and everything (it has been doom and gloom in Mountain Home for 2 weeks strait). We also have our baptism for Ashley coming up this Saturday. I cant even express my excitement! She is so sweet and I am so excited for her. We also have been teaching another lady, her name is Teresa and she is amazing and I love her so dearly . she has 2 kids and is an a mazing mom to her kids. She is a friend of sister Baxter (a lady in 4th ward). Well as I am sure the whole world knows now I fell off my bike again yesterday, I really only remember parts of the event but not much. I have had many offers for training wheels I think I am just going to go with a tricycle. My leg is doing much better today mostly just sore, I think I'll be back on my bike by the end of the week. Really though the blessings that came out me crashing my bike were huge. At the hospital there was a family that we have been trying to meet with, they were there and Sister Cluff talked with the dad who hasn't really been on board but she said they had a really good conversation. Also the people that came out to help were a part member family that we didn't really know, they were so nice and now we have a reason to go back and pay them back for there kindness. Also we talked to so may people in the emergency room about what we do as missionaries. it really ended up being a huge blessing. I know that Heavenly Father is looking out for me because it could have been way worse. I know that this is where I am supposed to be. I really just want to get back on my bike and keep sharing the gospel because I know there are people here prepared to hear it.
We have seen so much success and progress this week in both of our wards actually In 4th ward I think we have seen the most progress. We have received numerous referrals and they keep coming. We filled up all the days for our 40 day fast which was a miracle! I know that the Lords hand is in all of this. I feel so privileged to have his trust in helping bring souls back to him. I cant think of a more humbling gift that to have my Father in Heavens trust. He has given me so much and I feel so blessed to be here and be a part of this work in this time. I know there will be bumps and bruises along the way (both literal and spiritual) but I know its always worth it in the end.
I really know this is where I am supposed to be. I love it here so much and I love serving the Lord!
#itsnotegoodbyeitsc-yalater

Love
Sister Owsley

PS Also I don't know how it happened but I have given the nickname Sister San Diego around here haha


Here are the details she sent me about the bike accident:
I remember hitting the curb and apparently I hit my head on the fence and I just remember being really dizzy sister Cluff said I was in shock and I was shaking really bad. Nothing is broken but I have a sprained knee and I have a huge contusion on my leg. luckily I was wearing a helmet. I did get dehydrated in the hospital and they had to give me lots of fluids. and I had a lot of pain medicine in the hospital but they gave me prescriptions and I  have to go get crutches at the pharmacy today 

Here was Moms response:
Well I am glad you are Ok!! I am proud of you for working through it and never complaining!  You are being blessed and maybe certain things happen so you can be in the right place at the right time!




No comments:

Post a Comment